Red Hill Junior Netball Club teams for players aged 8-17 compete in the Mornington Peninsula Netball Association Saturday competition held at the
Elsie Dorrington Reserve,
32 Hampden St, Mornington.
Game times and fixtures are available on the Netball Connect app which is updated regularly. Please check game times the day prior in case the fixture has changed.
Beginner players aged 5-8 years old must register for the NetSetGo skills program before graduating to competition level.
Game Day Information:
– Arrive 15 minutes prior to game start time to warm up
– Nails must be cut below finger tips and may not be taped
– Jewellery is not permitted. Earrings must be removed (cannot be taped – they are really strict on this!)
– Only approved Club uniform is permitted, including shorts which must be matching. Players in incorrect uniform may not be permitted to play by umpires..
– Dresses must be no shorter than mid-thigh. Umpires may refuse players if dresses are deemed too short.
– All players must be registered prior to first game
– Parents are not permitted to coach or provide vocal advice during the game. Please stick to clapping and encouragement to maintain player morale and allow coaches to provide clear instructions.
– u9, u10 & u11 teams will rotate positions to allow all players the opportunity to try new court positions.
– Please wear sunscreen and bring a water bottle!
Netball is a winter sport and will continue in wet weather. If MPNA deems that court surfaces are unsafe to play or weather conditions are dangerous, games may be cancelled. Often there is little notice for cancellations as weather can change quickly. Coaches will update parents as soon as they receive notification of cancellations, however, we also recommend that you follow the MPNA Facebook Page for real-time updates on cancellations
Game Day Protocol:
• Players are responsible for notifying coaches of non-availability as soon as possible. The night before a game is not enough notice and creates additional work for our coaches who plan player positions in advance. (Injury or illness is an exception).
• Players may be required to play in court positions which are different from their usual position. Any variation on position can only improve a player’s individual overall game.
• All coaches will endeavour to allocate an equal amount of court time during matches, however this cannot always be guaranteed.
• Coaches will select the best combination of players on the day for the Finals.
• Any player at any time can expect to be given interchange bench time. The players on the interchange bench are required to stay close to their coach, support their team-mates on court and be ready to take the court when directed.
• Players and parents are expected to reflect a positive and encouraging attitude at all times and treat coaches, umpires and opposing teams with courtesy and respect. Behaviour that is not consistent with Club values will not be tolerated and may result in removal from the team.